1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
250 g dried green lentils
1 tbsp Marigold Organic Gravy powder
500 g sweet potato
1 whole celeriac (about 500g)
1 tsp cumin seed (or ground)
1 tsp mustard seed (or ground)
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 ½ large carrots
2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
1 x 400 g can chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp Marigold Engevita Nutritional Yeast Flakes
1. Sauté the onion in 1 tbsp olive oil on low heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes. When done, stir in the lentils so they are coated well.
2. Dissolve the gravy powder into 375 ml water and add to the pan with the lentils. Bring to the boil then reduce to a gentle simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Cut the sweet potato and celeriac into 2 cm cubes. Add to a pan with 500 ml water and the spices. Gently simmer with a lid for 20 minutes.
4. Preheat your oven to 200°C.
5. Drain the sweet potato and celeriac, but save the water and set it aside. Mash the root vegetables until smooth with a potato ricer or blender.
6. Stir into the mashed sweet potato: 1 tbsp olive oil, the pan water (adding more if too thick) and most of the savoury yeast flakes.
7. Cut the carrots into large diagonal chunks and add to the lentils, along with the finely chopped sundried tomatoes and chopped tomatoes.
8. Spread the lentil mix into a casserole dish and pat flat. Spread the sweet potato/celeriac pie mixture on top and pat flat.
9. Bake for 30 minutes.
10. Sprinkle on some more yeast flakes, and return to the oven to brown for a further 5 minutes.
11. Serve with a salad.